Content updated on April 20, 2006
We respect your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our website.
We collect information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the computer, browser, and web service you are using. We also know the date, time, and pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site to suit your needs. In the event of a known security or virus threat, we may collect information on the web content you view.
When you visit our website, we may request and collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Contact information
- IDs and passwords
Our principal purpose for collecting personal information online is to provide you with what you need and want, address security and virus concerns, and to ease the use of our website.
We will only use your information for the purposes you intended, to address security or virus threats, or for the purposes required under the law. See “Choices on How We Use the Information You Provide” to learn more.
We collect information to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Reply to your “feedback comments”
- Manage your access to restricted areas of the website
- Fulfill requests for reports and other similar information
- Register you for a member account
- Sharing Your Information with our affiliated service providers
during the quote request process, we will share personally identifiable information you provide to us online with representatives of our affiliated service providers, and only with those representatives or companies.
Throughout our website, we will let you know whether the information we ask you to provide is voluntary or required. By providing personally identifiable information, you grant us consent to use this information, but only for the primary reason you are giving it. We will ask you to grant us consent before using your voluntarily provided information for any secondary purposes, other than those required under the law.
We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13. If in the future we choose to collect personal information from children, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
A “cookie” is a small text file stored on your computer that makes it easy for you to move around a website without continually re-entering your name, password, preferences, for example.
We only use “session” cookies on our website. This means we store the cookie on your computer only during your visit to our website. After you turn off your computer or stop using the Internet, the cookie disappears with your personal information.
Properly securing the information we collect online is a primary commitment. To help us do this, we take the following steps to:
- Employ internal access controls to ensure the only people who see your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties
- Train relevant personnel on our privacy and security measures to know requirements for compliance
- Secure the areas where we hold hard copies of information we collect online
- Perform regular backups of the information we collect online to insure against loss
- Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including but not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Password protections
- We periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance
- We employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized tries of outsiders to hack into, or cause harm to, the information in our systems
For more information or for comments and concerns on our privacy practices,
please contact us by email at Privacy_Issues@BoxesForMyMove.com